Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little crooked house...

Becky and I did a little driving around to see the aftermath of the flooding in our area. What we saw was pretty amazing. It is incredible how powerful water can be. The house picture above reminded me of a place I went to when I was a little girl. All of you Oregonians will surely remember Enchanted Forest, a small amusement park of sorts near Salem, based on Nursery Rhymes. I think it is still open today, I took my kids there a few years ago. One attraction is based on the rhyme "There was a crooked man" (There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile, he found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile. He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse. And they all lived together in a little crooked house.) You get to walk through a little crooked house and it sort of feels like you had just spun around ten times to get that feeling of dizziness.
This is the garage of the little green house. Thank goodness most people evacuated the area before the river crested. No one was hurt.

Landslide near the highway.

1 comment:

Tamaratravel said...

Maybe we should invest in houseboats...it's wise to be ready for the flood....