Sunday, October 24, 2010

100 years, 1000 memories

I've already posted some of my pictures from my Grandmother's (Nani) 100th birthday bash on my photography website, but I felt I needed to add more here.   First to document what an incredible woman Edna K. Shaefers is, and second to show what a roaring good time we had at the Stinson-Green Mansion in Seattle...1930's style!  June 2010
To start things off, a month before the party, I spent the afternoon with Nani at her apartment and we did a little photo shoot.  I used this picture on her invitation.  Beautiful spring flowers in her garden area were a perfect backdrop!

Stinson-Green Mansion.  Seattle, WA

Audrey all decked out in her flapper attire.  We had a fun time dancing...

My friend, Natalie Gunter made this beautiful cake!  Even the picture was edible!
Becky and her friend, Taylor who joined us for the night!

What a spread of food...typical NW fare...salmon and fresh goodies! 


More dancing! 
Me and Nat cuttin' a rug!  Tim and Clint...the "men in black".


Celeste with cousin Elise and friend, Lola.
Natty with cousin, Sacia..".it's so hard waiting for Nani to cut the cake...hmm, I think I'll just try a little first."


Check Daddy and Natty swingin'!  Grammy and Sophia sure have the moves!

Cheers to Nani!  We love you!


The best dressed of the evening!  Audrey, Aunt Sandrine, Uncle Carl, cousins Elise and Margot.





Grandad, Aunt Dana, Aunt Trish, Uncle Carl and Mommy.   Thanks to everyone for making this evening one we'll never forget!  Happy 100th Birthday Nani!

1 comment:

The Ahlstrom Family said...

Great pictures! (as always! :)) It looks like a very fun party ~ and what a perfect reason to celebrate!