Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's great to be 8!

Celeste turned 8 a few weeks ago and her baptism was Saturday. It was a beautiful program and baptism. We are so proud of you, Celeste! After the baptism, we had a lunch at our home. It was wonderful to see our Portland family (Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Steve, Brooke, Kate, and Sara, Uncle Carl, Aunt Stacy, Cameron, Hyrum, Andrew, and Scott) and to have Aunt Trish and Sacia come over too. So many cousins to keep track of! I tried to get a picture of them all, but nobody wanted to stop for a picture...go figure! From the time Brooke and Audrey saw each other, they were in cahoots all day figuring out a sleepover. Kate and Celeste even switched clothes thinking that would help them stay together longer. I guess they didn't realize that wouldn't really keep them together, just at each other's houses! So in the end, we kept Brooke and Audrey and Celeste and Sophia went to Portland for a few days with Kate and Sara. How fun to live close again!

Scott

KateSaraSacia, Celeste, and NattyUncle Steve, Oliver, and DadBrooke, Audrey, and CameronCameron!

4 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

So jealous that we weren't there, and so sad that we won't be seeing you at the big house this month. Hopefully we'll make it up to the NW soon... :)

The Schmitt Family said...

Congrats! I'm glad you are all settling in so well! We miss you a lot!

BTW- 17 more days til little baby Schmitt is here!

Anonymous said...

congratulations celeste,
we are so proud of you. ctr all the time. sorry we couldn't be there to be part of the important day for you. but we were there in spirit.
love you,
aunt yvonne :)

Parkes Family said...

Hi Jolie!!! I do not know if you will remember me, and I hope you do not mind that I read your blog , the first thing that got me curios was the Susan had someone with a spanish last name on her list...and I though who does Susan knows besides me ( I know it sound so pride full) so I click!!! and there ....is you and your family I'm so happy to know about you...and the hole gang!!!
I hope we can keep in touch after soooo long.
and yes I guess I got to exited when I found your blog that I forgot to tell you that is me Lisanka

I hope we can keep in touch!!
Lisanka :)