Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Never too old for love


Last weekend Tim and I attended my Aunt Cec's wedding in Medford, OR. I have to say, Cec (my dad's sister) is my favorite Aunt. She has always stayed in touch with me. So, when we received her invitaiton, we definitely wanted to be there. We dropped off Audrey on down in Portland at their cousins' house (Becky stayed at home), and then continued down to Southern Oregon. At several points in the evening Aunt Cec was blushing like a sweet, young bride. That is what I love about my Aunt...always young at heart. She and her new husband, Wayne are now in Tanzania on their honeymoon, riding motorcycles and riding on hot air ballooons. Heck, I wouldn't be surprized if they get some bungie jumping in too (seriously...I am not kiddding about this!) We got to catch up with my cousins and see my dad and Lois too.

On the way down South we stoppped at the town I was born in, Roseburg. Looks a little different now. At this point I was excited to take a few pics of the "Welcome to Roseburg" sign, but realized the camera batteries were dead! Thank goodness for cell phone pics. We had lunch here at McMenamins which was the old train depot, turned restaurant.

2 comments:

thezenesfamily said...

How Sweet! Congrats to your Aunt! What a wonderful event to attend!

Tamaratravel said...

Glad you enjoyed the short but sweet trip...hope I've got their energy and enthusiasm when I'm that old...