Sunday, August 19, 2007

"J" is for Jo Mama

My sister asked me once, "I love to hear about the kids, but what is going on in Jolie's life?" I think, "well, my life are my kids" but I guess I do have a life outside of carpooling, diaper changing, and laundry. Here are some things I have been up to lately...

I looked out to my garden and what did I see? A "J" shaped cucumber looking at me! I call this my early birthday garden gift. This is for real. I thought it was pretty cool (as a cucumber). We've also enjoyed tomatoes, eggplant, and lettuce this year.



Robins took up residence in my hanging baskets. It was fun to see them build the nests, lay the eggs, take care of the babies, and watch them fly away.

I became a dog breeder this year, unexpectedly. Our female Brittany became pregnant. We didn't notice until we saw puppies in her dog house! She had 10 pups, 3 died, I sold 6 and we kept one.The big landscaping project! We knocked down trees, took out boulders and stumps and picked rocks out of the dirt (that was the kids' job...you an imagine how much they loved that!) We brought in truck load after truck load of dirt, raked, seeded, planted, mulched. I wish I could find a before picture. But the whole front was uneaven and full of stumps, boulders, and weeds.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow! That makes my silly little landscaping project look like childs-play! The yard looks great!

Kelly Jo said...

I remember what it looked like before. . .that'a A LOT of work!! We need to come visit!!

chelsea said...

The yard looks amazing, holy cow that was a ton of work! I love the little birds in your baskets. I also love the J cucumber, looks like another year of great gardening!

Nancy Clark said...

I agree that it's good to get "personal" on your blog, and I loved reading about what you are doing. I'm impressed with all your gardening and landscaping skills. I would like to request a zucchini "N" for next year, please!